In 1990, the company GARDY refocusedits activities in Geneva, leaving its high power test laboratory used for research and development of high current electrical equipment.
These facilities being unique in Switzerland, it seemed important to theelectricity distributors of the French speaking Switzerland(Romand) to keep them in business by developing the crenel of the training of their personnel with life size demonstrations.
Currently, an association whose partners are the following companies manages the CEF:
- ABB Sécheron SA
- Bouygues E&S EnerTrans SA
- EPFL Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne - Société d'Aide au Laboratoire (SAL)
- Groupe E SA
- HEIG-VD - HES-SO Ecole d'ingénierie et de gestion du canton de Vaud - Centre de compétences Energie (CCE)
- Romande Energie SA
- Services Industriels de Lausanne
|The centers equipment includes:|
- A turbo group of 500 MVA in short-circuit.
- An alternator of 50 MVA in short-circuit.
- A group of transformers completed by many accessories (switchgear, transformers, inductors, etc.).
- A demonstration site that allows to create critical situations met by electrical energy professionals.